The DeMilles

Welcome to our world

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Better Late Than Never, Right???





I just wanted to share some of the best days of my life so far.
I will start with the most recent. Gunners Birthday. I was scheduled to be induced on the 6th of October. For several reasons they wanted to induce me,his size was the biggest issue. My OB told me to come in at 5 in the morning, I got there and they told me I wasn't scheduled tell 9 a.m. So I went home and slept for a few hours. I came back and they went straight to work on me. Asking millions of questions, taking my vitals and starting an I.V. I started contracting within just a few minutes. Making progress pretty fast. I was about 7-8 c.m. dilated when I asked for my epidural. They got there about 5 minutes later, got it going and all was well... I kept waiting for it to take the pain away but it never did, not even taking an edge off. The pain was pretty intense, all of a sudden I am yelling at Jared to get me the trash! I was throwing up everywhere! I had never experienced anything like that before. In the mean time I am at a 10 and ready to push as they were rushing to get everything ready. The pain never went away, so they rushed and gave me another shot of something to throw in my I.V. Anyways... tears were shed, names were called and then our hearts were full of joy! I didn't get a good look but I saw that he was huge! 9 lbs. 4 oz. 21 1/2 inches long! No wonder why those last few weeks of pregnancy were so uncomfortable. I just couldn't understand how he fit inside of me. He is a good boy.

2 comments:

  1. When I had Kallie the epidural didn't work, so I was lucky enough to feel all the lovely pain too ;) Your kids are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was 9lbs 7oz and 22 inches long.. So I know how you felt there. I got up to 200 pounds by the time I had her lol.

    ReplyDelete